Western Stevedoring Group of Companies is carefully monitoring all government directives related to COVID-19. We are working with Industry Partners, Government and Health Authorities to respond both proactively and responsibly.
With the exception of our cruise operations, Western Stevedoring is not currently experiencing interruptions and cargo operations at our terminals remains fluid. We are monitoring closely with our customers and transportation partners to ensure goods continue to move.
Our priority remains the health and safety of our employees and their families, our business partners and the communities we operate in as we continue to provide the best level of service to our customers. To do our part to slow the spread of this virus we have taken a number of precautionary measures and protocols, including:
- Following guidance from leading local and global health authorities (WHO, BC CDC)
- Working with Transport Canada to implement directives and guidance with respect to vessels at our terminals including:
- Specific requirements by vessels for reporting health status of crew prior to berthing
- Attendance by health officials as required to determine course of action as necessary
- Specific operating protocols on the vessels following health authorities COVID-19 best practices
- Communicating regularly with our employees & workforce and sharing best practice
- Increasing access to hand washing facilities and hand sanitizers
- Requiring any employee with any sign of illness to stay at home
- Increasing the rigor and frequency of cleaning across all operations
- Restricting unnecessary travel and implementing work-from-home procedures where possible
We have set up a cross-functional COVID-19 response team to monitor the risk on a daily basis and ensure all possible precautionary measures and emergency response procedures are in place at our facilities.
At this time, we feel it is critically important that we work together and do everything possible to minimize the spread of this virus. As a society, we are all facing this difficult and stressful time together.
We will provide updates as the situation changes on our website and social media channels (Facebook, Instagram).
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.